nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Sunday, March 27, 2005

I'm supposed to be working on homework. I am to write a professional-quality educational journal article about reform models, books we read, and topics covered in class. Ick. Decided to take a break (hey, I have three paragraphs done) and found THIS. I love "Stir the pot, of love". giggle

Since my last post, I've worked a little on the second sleeve of Mariah. It's not quite as long as the first, but will be soon. I love the pattern but hate when I screw up a cable and don't notice it until three rows later. grrr

Yesterday I mowed the yard (front and back) and worked on my front flower bed. Sore today. I had to yank out the dead little Christmas tree pine-thingy and move the center pine to the end. Yes, the one in the middle of the row of three couldn't die. Noooo. Grumble.

I also planted some orange/pink snap dragons, white begonias, and yellow marigolds (gotta counter the Gamecock fan across the street). Would post a pic, but I should really get back to homework.

I have to pick Miguel up at MARTA at about 3 pm. He went to Mexico for a week and a half with one of his brothers to visit the brother still living there. While he was down there one of his uncles died. His mother came down for the funeral and that prompted him to stay longer than the original week he had planned on.

Strong storms are in the ATL forcast, but I hope his plane won't be delayed. He's supposed to call me when he lands so I know when to leave for MARTA. I already talked to him from Houston, so I know that he's at least back in the country. :)

UPDATE: As I was proofing this post, my weather radio sounded. Tornado Watch until 6 pm. Lovely. I just checked back on his flight status. His plane has left and you can keep watch with me by going HERE. It's flight number 1420. Hopefully we'll come back to a house that is standing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home