nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Saturday, February 01, 2003

While getting ready to run errands this morning, I was listening to the Today Show where they were discussing the loss of communication from Columbia. Then they showed the pictures which looked eerily loke the Challenger expolsion from 1986. As I ran my errands, I kept the radio on the news channel to hear updates. When I went into my LYS, they, too were listening to coverage of the apparent explosion and resulting crash. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Last night I signed up for the FFFA (Fuzzy Feet Felt Along). I went to my LYS with the intention of buying the needles and yarn for these. Ouch! Too expensive. I bought the suggested Lamb's Pride Worsted in Pink for $6.25 each, a set of Skacel set of 5 dpn for $11.00, a 16" circular from addi Turbo for $17.50 (OUCH),and a Dalegarn patternbook, NR 122, for $12.00.

Later today I'm heading to the Mall of Georgia to see Chicago with a good friend. I'll probably check out Michael's and Hobby Lobby for better prices. (I think I will, at least for the dpn.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home