nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Saturday, February 08, 2003

I knew it would be ugly. I just knew it!! Oh well. That's why I work, right?

What was ugly, you wonder. Well, I had SEX today. What?? Well in the knitting world Stash Enhancement eXperience is the ultimate in knitting (besides beginning and finishing projects, that is). So much yarn, so little time (and too few hands!) I decided to run to Magical Threads which is about 30 minutes away. Farther away than my LYS, but their selection is so worth the trip. Last time I went, just before school began, I came home lighter in the wallet, and the stash was in healthier shape. So, it's been a while since I've been there. Amazingly, they've grown! Talk about yarn heaven!!

Here's what I bought: ()
* Katia Mississippi 3 (one in a light blue and one in dark blue x2). I'll make a pair of striped socks.
* Araucania in a beautiful varigated dark blue. This is the same yarn I used to complete Miguel's socks. They will be matched with the leftover charcoal yarn for his Fuzzy Feet. I'll probably stripe this, too.
* Regia 4 in dark blue with rings of different color (x2).
* Noro Cash Iroha in raspberry (yum!). This yarn is so incredibly soft and silky. This will either become a pair of fingerless gloves or a hat.
* Kiogu for socks in purples, pinks, and blues (x2). Everyone on the socknitters list says this is great yarn for socks. Couldn't resist. What can I say?
* Catania Color in yellows, reds, and oranges (x2). The band says it's good for summer (in German!), so these will be fun summer socks.
* What's yarn without another set of size 2 circs (x2)? This way I can work on two different socks and not get bored. (Right?)
* Jo Sharp Number One pattern book. I love all the sweater designs in here!
* Knit it Your Way by Cynthia Yanok Wise. I want to try the Karisma Vest, Lace and Cable Socks, Twin Leaf Lace Scarf, Baby Cable Socks, and the GORGEOUS Andean Artistry cardigan. I want to do some Fair Isle, and I think this project will be my first (not including the black Kool Wool hat I made with pink CCs). It's a simply stunning book!

Now can you see why I seldom visit this yarn shoppe (heaven)? Badness, I tell ya. I have no self control. (Actually, that's not true. I could have easily spent $500 in there. So, I did restrain myself!)

Right now I'm listening to my new Juanes CD. It's very mellow. Very romantico. (
Now, what to work on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home