nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Saturday, March 01, 2003

I won! I won!

I won a free book, up to $25, from my LYS. I walked in, said hello to the owners, and was about to head to the knitting section. The owner stopped me and asked if I was Nicole. I said yes, and she informed me I had won the free book of the month contest. Woohoo! So many choices... I was torn between The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques and The Knit Stitch (The Knitting Experience, Book 1). I chose the latter. I have a few books already with finishing techniques, and The Knit Stitch has some techniques included. Plus some great patterns. Very cool!

Did I come out with only the book and the skein of yarn I exchanged to finish my "Peaks and Valleys" scarf. Yeah, right. I have zero willpower. I bought Lamb's Pride Worsted to start a Philosopher's Wool cardigan from "Fair Isle Sweaters Simplified". I think I want to do the Kilim pattern. If I had my digital camera, I would post a pic of the colors I bought. Maybe I'll get it back this weekend. ?? Sorry, Rob, I just couldn't wait. (grin)

As of this morning, the green cardigan is finished. I have to sew up the sleeves, block it, and add the buttons I bought this afternoon from Hancock Fabrics. Pictures, hopefully, forthcoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home