nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Only slightly off-topic.

I read the most amazing book. I love Anne McCaffrey for her tales of Pern. I love Melanie Rawn for her tales of Strong Hold. I have found an equal to their amazing story-telling abilities. Juliet Marillier's Daughter of the Forest is every bit as entralling as works from the two aforementioned women. This story included magic, good vs. evil, love, hate, greed, power, and loss. Spinning and weaving play a huge role in the heroic feats of the young woman who is the main character. I went to bed last night on page 190 and couldn't put it down. I finally did at 3 AM. I was able to read the last 120 pages this afternoon (544 pages in all). Christi, you will LOVE this book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home