nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Sunday, March 02, 2003

The cardigan--finished! The sleeves were too long (about five inches--grin) so I threaded my size 5 dpns, prayed, cut the extra length, unralvelled, and restitched a k2p2 cuff on each. Much better! Tonight I'm going out to see a play, and I'll wear it out. Yippee!

Mom's socks are also finished. Woohoo! All they need is to be washed, and I can ship them off. :)

Fair Isle--Tough, slow-going, but I think I'm getting the hang of the two-handed method described in Fair Isle Sweaters Simplified (see below for link). My stitches are very tight but I'm not having a problem getting the needles through. I knit continentally (is that grammatically correct?) so the hard part for me is knitting woth the color in my right hand. Today was a good quiet day to try this out.

Tonight, I'll take my Regia Ringel socks with me while we wait for the play to begin. Looking forward to it. I hope Miguel comes back with my car in time. (He's let me down before, but I'm trying to think positively.) I'm sure he'll be here with plenty of time to spare. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home