nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Thursday, March 27, 2003

We have the Georgia High School Graduation Tests this week at school. Fifty percent of my students were out in second period (switched to first period for two days)--three students testing all period, one absent, and four present. Kinda pointless having only half of them doing stuff. So, I gave them a day off. We listened to music, watched war coverage, worked on assignments for other classes, and I knit my Kilim. I finished one cross repeat and have a third of another. Then, of course, I had to show off my creation to my faculty and staff friends. Everyone was properly impressed, and I got lots of requests for sweaters. I told them that I would teach them to knit, instead. No takers, though. A couple of my kids do want to learn (mostly boys, isn't that interesting?).

Today, I'll give my two affected classes books to color and make. Coloring is always fun for older students, I find. It's relaxing, creative, and takes them back to when they were younger kids. While they color, I'll knit. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home