nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Saturday, April 19, 2003

Unfortunately, the student I went to watch in the Miss Georgia Latina did not end up a finalist. :( She was beautiful, carried herself extremely well, and worked extremely hard, but it just wasn't to be this time. Next year, I'm sure! I went out with the two teachers, and we had a blast! We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory(incredibly good shrimp, adult beverages, and -of course- cheesecake!!) and headed over to the Hyatt for the main event. The event started late, but the (provided) wine was a welcome distraction.

There were twenty-five girls representing Brazil, Ecuador, Columbia, Venezuela, and Mexico. They had produced a few videos (like a Miss America pagent), swimsuit, traditional, and evening gown competitions. It was classy, and it was really cool being there. I even did some knitting! I brought my toe-up sock that I've worked very little on. Having it did keep me awake. Fridays, after a long week of teaching, are not stay-up-late evenings. We were all bushed when we left at 11:15. Gettin' old is rough.

Tonight--the PROM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home