nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Saturday, May 24, 2003

WOOHOO!

The kids are gone. Now, don't get me wrong. I love them, but it was time for summer vacation to begin. I did get a lot of hugs from my beginners and some who were going to move away. I also got a couple of gifts--a small bottle of Skin-so-Soft and relaxing bubble bath from on of my advaced girls (the Miss Latina contestant) and a cute teddy bear figurine (I collect bears!) and two beautiful crecheted doilies. :)

After school, my department head had his end of the month/end of the year get-together. He has wine, beer, and munchies and teachers from his old school and people from Flowery Branch come to unwind, vent, "partake", and have a good time. One of the teachers makes awesome wines and brings them from time to time. He had an "apple butter" wine (very sweet with a finishing KICK) and a red made with concord grapes. Everyone loves to see David come through the front door carrying a cooler. :)

Today is going to be busy and fibery. I've got to hit a grocery store, Target (my watch died yesterday. The last day of school, and Friday to boot, is a bad day to be stuck at 11:13 all day.), post office, and probably IHOP pretty soon. Yum! Then, at 1 pm, I have a spinning class at the LYS and my knitting tea afterwards.

The sun is supposed to come out again today. We've had rain for the past week or more. It came out yesterday for an hour or two and then driving home from the party--more rain. hrumpf!

It's the weekend and I have Monday off. It's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home