nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Friday, February 06, 2004

Woohoo!! Friday!

And, today was a great day. I started it by wearing my Wool-Ease chunky vest I made last fall with my favorite pair of jeans. ( I LOVE this school. We get faculty jeans day on Fridays. Much different than my previous school.) Got lots of compliments on my vest. Then, my third period was having a "Cultural Exchange" (read party). We had homemade enchiladas con pollo, tostadas,arroz con leche (was given the extra to take home!), Publix brownies, and fruit salad. We chatted, ate, and listened to Latin music. It was a nice change of pace.

Daye brought my pink sweater all sewn up. It's beautiful! With her help, hopefully I'll be able to finish seams as well as her. I'll sew in the ends tonight, block it, (cut off one plastice stitch marker I accidentally sewed in--don't know HOW I did that!), and put up a picture this weekend. Yippee!

It was also our principal's birthday today. His family came to school and surprised him. I was lucky enough to be in when he returned to school from a tribunal. He was most surprised, and he hates surprises. :) I do think he was happy to see all this family there.

After school, I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some Cotton-Ease to make a commissioned scarf. While at the Fiber Arts Club on Tuesday, my department head came in and announced that he would pay someone $100 to make him a 6-foot long scarf in red and black striped. He told us that he had the hardest time finding a correctly colored scarf (our school colors) with the right amount of length. He's a big guy, tall and stout. I told him I would do it, but he did backpeddle the amount offered. He requested cotton, but I didn't want something which was 100% cotton to knit. I bought three skeins of red and three of black. I intend to make a garter stitch scarf with 2x2 ribbing for the center around the neck. I've seen a few patterns like this and love the concept. The yarn cost $25, so I'll probably ask for $50. :)

And, of course, there's cheesylove. I hope to have the sleeve finished and the neck started by the end of this weekend.

Time to make some dinner! See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home