nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Monday, January 26, 2004

Woohoo! School is closed!
Maria called me at 5:45 Am to tell me we are off today. This ice storm hit our area beginning yesterday evening. It had rained all day Sunday and the temps kepts creeping downward. Poor Miguel, though. He was called at 2:30 AM and told to come in an hour early. He went in around 4:30 AM. I'm assuming he made it because work hasn't called back. I'll bet he had a helluva time clearing his truck. Last night, the 10 o'clock news was already showing iced-over cars in this area. Brrr. I'm cold just thinking about it.

What will I do? Work on cheesylove. I'm about 1 inches above the heart pattern on the upper back. I also have some bills to write out and some papers to grade. Plus, I'm putting stew in the slow cooker to simmer all day. I've already had my first cuppa hot tea and will make another one with breakfast.

Gotta love snow/ice days! We might even be off tomorrow, too, as they're expecting more precip today and the temps not to rise above 34 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home