nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Today we had our first meeting of the Fiber Arts Club.

Actually, it was Daye, Candy, and myself. It was just like last semester in Daye's office. Daye got her office aide, Candy, to knit, and when I was taking a break during my planning period, I would sit in the office. The three of us would talk, compare patterns, and just relax as the needles went clicking along.

Candy has a new class. Daye has a new office aide. Fourth period is just not the same this semester. At the meeting, though, it was all back to normal. We did add one more to our group. One of our math teachers had knitted in her younger years. All she needed was a quick demo, and then her fingers remembered everything. It really is amazing how that memory stays with you.

We stayed until 4:30. Daye worked on her cardigan. Candy worked on her scarf. Carlene worked on her swatch of knits, purls, and casting off. I worked on my cheesylove sweater. We left much more relaxed than we had been even an hour earlier. Next week I expect to see those who were not able to make it today. I can't wait for next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home