nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Turkey day is almost here. My sister, Christi, and her husband, Tom, from Adventures in Boredom, are on their way even as we speak. This will be their first time seeing our house. The guest bedroom is ready, I've picked up my ready-to-heat-up turkey dinner from Publix, and we're ready for company. I've got a couple of small items I can make ahead and will do that next. I made the white trash (crispix cereal coated in melted chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar), and will soon make candied cranberries (coat cranberries with egg whites and roll in sugar) and Maria's Cranberry salsa (she swears by it). What's a holiday without food, I ask you?

As for knitting, I am almost finished with another Christmas item. It's large, so I had to begin something small, a pair of mittens. I made up one last night, but it turned out small, as I had feared. I'll rip it and go for two sizes bigger (or maybe one). I'm using the pattern from the Knitters Book of Handy Patterns (or something close). Once they're finished, they will be so snuggly soft. I splurged on the yarn! It's the most amazingly soft yarn my LYS store has (it's the purple hat yarn for the locals), and I L-O-V-E it! Absolutely yummy stuff! Pictures will come soon.

Happy Thanksgiving, and don't shop 'till you drop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home