nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I was right!

I switched my chiropractor appointment to earlier in the day, and the spinning wheel didn't come. Oh well. I did, however, replanted my front flower bed. The begonias were dried and shriveled, so I put out a flat of white pansies and mixed in a flat of orange ones. It looks much better! I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

Today I finished the blue vest and wore it this morning as it was a little nippy! I have begun a felted hat pattern from Fiber Trends with fun fur around the brim. I saw this one and had to order it from Rob and Matt. It will be so cute when it's done.

The big news for the day....The wheel made it finally! I put it together in about half an hour. The instructions were good. It's a Fricke S-160 double treadle. The only problem I had was getting the leader on correctly. It didn't have any instructions on how to do that. I played around online and found a little to help. I finally got it through trial and error. I've got about half a bobbin of white colonial fiber. The results are a lot like when I first began using a drop spindle--uneven and a lot of breaking (and swearing inwardly). I do think, though, that I'm getting the hang of it. I do think that it has helped that I've used two wheels before (one at a spinning class and one up in Dahlonega) or I would have NO clue as to what to do. :)

Our Fall Break is now over for teachers. Tomorrow we have a staff development day. Half of it will be in a class at Gainesville College in a 6 plus 1 Writing workshop. The other half will be in meetings at school. Thursday I will be at the college all day, so my students will be having a sub. (Mwahaha...) So I will only see them Friday. Ahhh, a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home