nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Saturday, October 11, 2003

It is such a beautiful morning here. No, it's not sunny; it's raining, dark, and damp. The yard can use the rain, and I love being able to stay home and enjoy the quietness of the day. Hubby left for work, so it's just me, the cat, and some coffee in short order.

After school yesterday I went to Beef O'Brady's with Maria and John, the Spanish/French teacher at my school. I invited him along for two reasons. First, he has agreed to take the stats for the football games. He lives in the next county, and I figured that it wouldn't be worth it for him to go home and then have to turn around and come back to Oakwood for the game. Second, he's a great guy! I has interesting classroom practices, he's older, and he has a ton of great stories. Maria and John have met before at my wedding shower. He called her an anal English teacher (he is married to one of those), and the fun began! They can hold their own, and I really like both of them because they are so similar in nature.

So, it was the three of us at dinner. We told funny stories about school, college, our respective families, ate some great food (get the onion rings and potato skins!!), and chatted and laughed for about two hours. We all agreed to get together again for Friday food.

As for fibery news, I can't wait for the spinning wheel to come!! As for my sweater, I'm a little worried I'm going to have to rip out some of the sleeve. At the end of the sleeve instructions, both it and the accompanying picture said it should be 17". I had 19". I followed the directions exactly. Here's how I know I did. I make a graph on a note card. I label every other row as a R(ight side). I mark the inc or dec. As I knit, I put a slash through that box so I can keep up with inc/dec/etc. When I had finished--19". I did start the shape cap and will pin it on to see if it is correct or not. That is today's project along with beginning the other sleeve.

Besides all the fun stuff, I've got to go to Wal Mart to pick up some more Damp Rid for my closets (I can really tell I need more!) and return that garden hose with the messed up nozzle. I also have some laundry to do and some mopping of floors.

The rain makes it a good day to do all those things. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home