nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Lookie what I found while watering my garden today. Ick! I was testing out my watering timer and saw this lovely spider hanging about in my shrubs. That spider spray Dad bought me just doesn't kill on contact, but in about five minutes. Better than trying to stomp on it.

As for the timer, not so impressed. It leaks at both ends (from the house spigot and at the hose end so I have a nice puddle under the spigot. Otherwise, not too shabby. A little pipe tape and it should would just fine. I would have tried out my second timer, but the hose I bought over the weekend needs to be returned to the store. The end has been stepped on, and I can't shape it into a circle again. Grr...

Normally I wouldn't be so concerned about spiders. When my parents were here, my dad spotted a black widow outside. We were on our way out, left, and we have yet to see it again. So I'm being very cautious about spiders. Ick!

As for knitting news, I am about 90% done with the body of the pink sweater. I don't know if I'll work on it tonight. I'm in a spinning mood (I was in a spinning mood before I saw the spider, thank you very much). I might work an some more of the beautiful alpaca I received from the alpaca farm just down the road.

This weekend was the PINS (Purple Iris Teach Shoppe Needle Society) meeting. It completely slipped my mind! At school today, I asked Daye about it, and she had forgotten, too. Oops! Too much going on.

This week at school is Homecoming Week. I'm in charge of Student Council with another teacher. We have been dressing up all week for spirit week. Tomorrow is "When I Grow Up..." I can't decide what to wear. 1. I could be a professional soccer player and wear Miguel's stuff (jersey and shorts, shin guards, socks). 2. I could be a Mayfield employee and wear his shirt. 3. I could dress like a little girl and want to be a kid again now that I'm grown up. That one would involve pig tails and freckles. I'm not sure what I would wear. I would, though, have to carry a teddy bear around with me. :) What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home