nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Thursday, July 24, 2003

I'm off on another trip!

Maria and I are heading up to Suffolk, Virginia to visit her best friend, George, and his partner, Tim. We made this same roadtrip last summer, and I had a blast meeting them after hearing so much about them from Maria. She and they met when they all lived in Virginia Beach and George and Maria worked for Harris Publishing (the horror stories they tell!). Last year we went out to see their new house, play cards, eat, and I got to see Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and DC (we swung up to visit her brother).

On this trip we are going up to Suffolk (leave at 10am) and meeting George for Mexican (great margaritas!!). Friday we are having lunch at the Lynnhaven Fish Market (or something similar) for the scallops that Maria has been craving for the longest time. We are also going to hit a knitting store and a needlepoint store (for Maria) that are in Virginai Beach which are supposed to be wonderful. Saturday we head down to Columbia (I'll say hi to it for you, Rob and Matt) to go to Christi and Tom's (sister and BIL) post-elopement reception. We are staying with them, and I'm looking forward to seeing their new house. Then Maria and I drive home on Sunday. Fun-filled long weekend!

The weather is beautiful today. Highs are only expected to be in the low 80s and the humidity is only around 50%. Hopefully, this nice weather will follow us up north.

As for projects I'm taking with me, there are two things going. I'm taking some of the alpace with my drop spindle. I've also started a shawl/scarf in Quatro. It has gold, orange, red, and olive, and the colors are stunning. It's a quick knit as I'm using an eyelet pattern I found in my Knitting for Idiots book. I've ordered the Creatures of the Reef shawl kit from Fiddlesticks. Hopefully it won't arrive until I'm back (I can just hear Miguel--What? More yarn?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home