nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Two posts in one night? Am I feeling ok?

Yes, I am. I am inspired by Jerry's mention of this article, Real Men Knit. Take a sec to read it; it's cute!

The article got me thinking about when I knit at school. I've had a lot of kids come up to me and ask me about what I'm knitting. Sometimes they tell me that one of their relatives knits (or croquets). Many times they want to learn how to do what I'm doing, and they stick around for a few minutes while I'm knitting at my duty post to see how I make the stitches. I would estimate that 75% of the students who approach me are boys. They want to learn how to knit. They aren't shy or embarrassed if they are with their male friends. It's been very interesting, and I admire their confidence in speaking to a knitting teacher.

Next semester, Daye and I are going to begin a Fiber Club and teach those who want to learn knitting, crocheting, and spinning. I plan on having them make preemie or chemo hats or scarves for those in need. I know we'll have a great turn out, we'll have fun, and I know we'll have a great mix of young ladies and young men. Ooh, more fiber fun!

I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home