nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Sunday, October 26, 2003

The tea yesterday was...Interesting. First, we only had four of us there. Last time I went, I believe there were around 12 of us. We waited outside for a few minutes while the Red Hat Society ladies finished up. Beth, the owner, loved my floppy, unfelted red hat which I had brought along for show and tell. She wore it to show it off to the ladies and apparently received inquiries about ordering some for themselves. Hmmm... I did tell the couple who came to speak to me that this hat was the prototype and I would wait to see how it turned out before I would consider knitting this pattern again.

That is the second time this week I have been told I should sell some of my knitting. The first was at my writing workshop on Thursday. I sat next to one of my friends from Johnson. She knits, too, and just loved my Booga bag. She told me I could easily sell those at school.

I don't know, though. First, they are not my patterns. I don't know about the legality of that. I could find out from Rob and Matt, though. I know they started out selling finished products. Then again, knitting might become "work", if you know what I mean. Anyway, it's something to ponder.

But I digress.

One of the ladies at the tea, ended up going to the Quick Care in Gainesville. We had been sitting at the table for no more than ten minutes when Marty calmly announces that her needle has disappeared. She thought it went through her cross stitch project and into her jeans. She hobbles slowly into the restroom to find it. After five minutes, she returns and announces that it is in her leg near her knee. She tells us that she can feel it, see the bruise where it punctured her skin, and she is unable to get it out. Her sister, who also cross stitches and knits, accompanies her to the restroom for a second opinion. We hear giggling drifting from the bathroom as they laugh about the absurdness of the situation. They come out, confident that the needle is indeed embedded in her leg, and we all admit the best thing for them to do is to hop over to Quick Care to get said needle out.

So, from four to two. Really small! But the two of us enjoyed chatting with Beth for about an hour and a half. I left at four fifteen with no word on Marty's condition. I will try to call this afternoon to see if she is okay.

After the tea, I ran to WalMart to buy a zippered pillow cover. Not easy to find, let me tell you. I eventually found it near the rubber sheets and shower curtains. I came home and felted my red hat. I ran it through the hot cycle twice. It's still on my kitchen counter between two bowls for blocking. It might still be too big, though. We'll see. I do love the fuzzy brim! It's wacky and totally different for me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home