nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Sunday, November 16, 2003

It's been another one of those weeks!

Mom and Dad came for a visit on Thursday. Along with getting ready for them, I had a half day meeting to attend on Thursday. This meant getting everything ready for my sub. Plus, it was Progress Report day. Very hectic! I was able to sneak away during my planning period, and my parents and I arrived at the house within two minutes of each other. Great timing. I settled them in and then went back to school only because I had to do my afternoon duty. Ick!

Friday night we went out to dinner (Miguel got to go, too) to Beef O'Brady's, and then we came home and watched "Finding Nemo." Cute, cute!

Yesterday we were on a mission. We went out looking for a dining room set. We went to Eclectic Furniture at Discover Mills. They have great designs from Europe. I grew up with a lot of Scandinavian furniture in our house, and I love the style. We found a table and four chairs that fit my budget. We brought the table home, but Miguel and I have to pick up the chairs on Thursday. Woohoo!

Saturday afternoon Mom and I went to the World Market across from the Mall of Georgia. I LOVE that store. Of course, we found another table and chair set we liked (it was even called the Charleston, go figure!). Mom loved the store as much as I do. We also stopped at Linen 'N Things and picked up some curtains in shimmery copper. Dad helped us put them up when we got home. I really love them because they break up our white walls with a splash of elegant color. We also tackled my mound of boxes in the living room and dining room. Now, they are elsewhere, and it really opens up the rooms (go figure!).

For dinner we had Maria over. Her aunt and uncle gave us the most amazing rubber plant. It's five feet tall and spreads out about four feet! Her uncle refused to drag it inside for the winter months, and her aunt could bear to toss it, so they found it a good home. It's in the corner in my dining room along with my beautiful table and new curtains.

Miguel fixed tacos and I grilled out chorizo (Mexican sausage). I had made some of my awesome sangria. Hit the spot! Mom loved helping me roll the tacos. It was a delicious meal on my new table. With five of us, we would have been pretty squished at the kitchen table. So we broke in the new one.

After dinner, Maria, Mom, and I played Rummicub. It's a tile game similar to Rummy. Mom and I have played for years, but Maria had never played. She picked it up very quickly, and we played about four games. Fun!

We might hit Harry's today. It's an amazing warehouse full of exotic meats, vegetables, fruits, bread, wines, etc. in one huge warehouse. I've taken Mom and Dad a few times, and they are always incredulous at the selection. Miguel has two soccer games today, so we'll probably not see much of him until tonight.

Well, Mom just got up, so I'm off to make breakfast. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home