nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy Halloween!

I'm home from school and ready for the trick or treaters. My Halloween flag is out, my light-up jack-o-lantern is plugged in, my real pumpkin is outside the door, and my cauldron is full of candy. I'm ready. Once the first kids come by, Tiger is getting shut in the bedroom. He's not an outdoor cat (though he persists in becoming one), and I don't feel like chasing him around tonight!

In other news, my pansies are half gone. I noticed yesterday that they had been eaten and or completely sucked out of the earth. I have seen deer at my neighbors but none in my yard. I had planted yellow pansies a month ago in two spots near the front door, and they have never been touched. So, I figured I was safe in planting more pansies. Apparently, I was mistaken. Hrmph! The blooming white ones are all gone, and I imagine that when the orange pansies bloom, they, too, will soon become deer delicacies. Oh well. You live and learn.

On the knitting front, I still have to refelt my hat. This weekend, for sure. I have yet to find the perfect blocking instrument for it. Still searching. I have begun the free cable scarf pattern from Philosopher's Wool. It's going quickly, and I love how it's turning out. This scarf is a practice for the cul-de-sac vest I will do next. When Miguel saw the scarf coming to life, he claimed it. Now THAT'S a compliment. :)

I'll probably sit and spin (no, not THAT way!!) between candy consumers tonight. Put on the cable music channels, drink a beer, and eat some nice broccoli soup (too much candy consumed by yours truly at work today). Miguel figured he would by home by 7 pm to help pass out candy.

Tomorrow I'm going out with Maria and her buddy from Virginia Beach to a fancy-smancy restaurant. Maria has raved about Fogo de Chao since she first went with her parents. It's pricey, but I've heard it's well worth the expense. Daye told me to pace myself, and she also raved about the food. We had planned for Miguel to make our group total four, but as he has a playoff soccer game at 1:30 (think 2ish) I doubt he will be able to come. So, instead, I'll drive over to Maria's, ride with her and her buddy to her Mom's for the afternoon, and then hit the restaurant at 6 pm. Then, back to her place for poker and crashing on one of her guest beds will round out a wonderful day. I love going out to new restaurants with good friends. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home