nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Hello from Florida!
I'm here in sunny Bradenton enjoying the wonderfully warm days. I got here Sunday, and already it's been a terrific visit with Mom and Dad. Miguel is in Mexico visiting his family (everyone went down there for Christmas this year), and he's having a good time, but ready to come home. I've got a friend staying at my place and looking after Tiger. I wanted to give a small update so no one thinks I have fallen off the face of the planet. :)
One funny-As I left the secured area of the airport, I saw Mom and waved at her. She didn't seem to recognize me until I was standing a few feet away from her. Seems she hadn't seen the pic of me on Tom's blog of my new haircut. It was a good thing that I wasn't wearing my contacts, or it would have taken her even longer to "see" me. lol I guess not having bangs really does make me look differently.
I did bring my knitting, of course. I'm almost finished with my poncho in Homespun (prarie). I've only got about 4 more rows to knit, and then I have to sew it together and add the fringe. Woohoo! I also brought along the Cul-de-sac vest from Knitters. It's slow-going while trying to read the charts and counting to make sure I've got my numbers right. So far (fingers crossed), so good.
I hope everyoen has a wonderful holiday! I'll check in a few times whilst away, so you can drop me a note and I'll get it.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home