nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Sunday, January 18, 2004

FOs!
Here's a look at my "Prairie" Homespun poncho and hat.

I finished the hat this morning. The pattern is from the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I've worn the poncho a few times at school and have gotten rave reviews. The pattern is from The Knit Stitch. Next, I need to make a matching scarf to protect my neck during the cold soccer season.

Next, here's a promised picture of the "Touch Me" mittens and scarf set.



I LOVE how soft this yarn feels. It does, however, have two drawbacks. It loves to shed. It also is very slippery. My woven ends do not stay put. The yarn is so lick I can't keep the ends inside when I wear them. But, I do love them! The mittens are also from the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns.

I'm expecting Daye to call me this afternoon. She wants to borrow my ball winder and swift (Thanks Rob!) to wind some new hanks of "Silky Wool" she bought to make a sweater. It will be the first time I will have used my swift. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home