nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Another quiet Sunday morning.

Miguel has already left to go to his first soccer game of the day. It's a lovely, sunny morning, but I've got stinky hair. Yesterday I went searching for a salon which would permanently straighten my frizzy, curly hair. I've been using a flat iron and love the results, but I wanted a more lasting solution. I went to a few places at the Mall of Georgia. The top price I found--$500. Ummm. nope! Then I found a couple who would do it for $300. That's my car payment--I don't think so. I went to Regis and they wanted $70 for an anti-curl. Sold! It's the same process as a perm, however, the hair isn't rolled but left straight. I also got it trimmed so it's just over my shoulders. I will have stinky hair until Monday evening. Forty-eight hours. Miguel likes it, but thinks even that price is outta sight. I told him I had saved him over $400, but, somehow, he didn't buy it.

I had made the appointment at 11 am and I had three and a half hours to kill until they could see me. I leisurely strolled (which is very hard for me as I am a fast walker) to Barnes and Noble to check our their knitting magazines and books and try to find the second book after "The Daughter of the Forest". I picked up Sally M's "The Purl Stitch" and the next Starfist book (military sci fi). They didn't have the book I was looking for (drat!) and no magazines I couldn't live without (or didn't already have). I then grabbed a gyro from the food court, wandered the mall, bought some Origins face wash and foundation, found a comfy rocking chair in the sun (yes, at the mall), and began to read through "The Purl Stitch". I had been wanting it for a while, and it ate up about an hour of my waiting time.

It other knitting news, I'm still working on my Noro tank. It was too big, so I've been going back and reworking the edges into a ribbed edge (much cussing has occurred) to see if this will tighten it up enough. In fact, it's about time to worki on it again.

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home