nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Monday, June 21, 2004

First, I would like to thank everyone for the kind thoughts and comments. I love you all, and I really appreciate your support. It's been a hard weekend, but because we knew what the results would be, the conclusive diagnosis today was easier to take. I go in Thursday morning for the D&C and should be back home by lunch time. At this point, I'm ready to get it over with.

On Saturday Maria took me out with the objective of 1--providing a pleasant distraction and 2--letting me pick where I wanted to go. I chose to go to Roswell to see The Cast-On Cottage, an Atlanta yarn shop. We ate lunch at a lovely little bistro, Metanoya, and walked to the shop. It was easy to get to, had a great selection, friendly help, and reasonable prices. I was good! I did not buy a thing! Really!

Maria, however, did. She fell in love with many of the shop models of scarves and shawls. I told her that I would knit up something she saw. She chose a ball of Trendsetter Dune in number 93 and she wanted a yarn over and drop on the next row scarf. She also told me to pick out a ball for myself, her treat. I chose number 84.

We walked around a couple of other boutiques and small galleries and headed home around 3 pm. I got home around five and set about casting on for her scarf. I finished it around 8:30 or so. It was quick and easy!

1 ball Dune
Size 15 needles

CO 14 st
k 1 row

*k1 m1* end k1
k across dropping all yo
*k1 m1* end k1
k across dropping all yo
k 2 rows

Repeat the last six rows until you run out of yarn.

I gave it to her yesterday. (Forgot to take a picture. Doh!) I am nearly finished with my scarf and will post a picture tomorrow. It was a nice, quick, simple distraction from recent events and the big knitting projects I'm currently slogging through. I loved working with this beautiful yarn, and we both love the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home