nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Monday, June 02, 2003

The first day of vacation!

I had a nice first day off. I got a lot of things done. Miguel and I are looking at a house. I've been filling out bank applications. One, so far, came back approved. It's from SunTrust. Anyone have any comments about them? How about things I need to know about buying a house? I would love to hear from all my friends about what I need to do/not do/know about, etc. Your help would be greatly appreciated! You can email me or write on my ZonkBoard.

This weekend was also productive. Saturday I talked to Rob and Matt at Threadbear about spinning wheels. I drove out to The Spinning Shop to get some hands-on time on an Ashford Traditional. It is double treadle, and she taught me how to treadle s-l-o-w-l-y. lol Tough work! But fun! I bought a drop spindle, some salmon-dyed roving and some natural ecru roving--both merino.

Sunday was spent at the lake with Miguel's family. We headed out to one of the parks, brought a grill, and cooked out. One of my favorite smells is the aroma of a grill, hot and ready for items to be grilled. We had a great time, got lots of sun, and came home happy and tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home