nuts4knitting

Knitting (and spinning! The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY)

Thursday, April 08, 2004

I'm ba-ack!

Actually, we're back. Miguel and I had a wonderful time in Florida with my folks. We had amazing weather for our visit--low to mid-70's with lots of sunshine. We went to the beach one day (Coquina Beach), sat in the sun for a few hours, and ate lunch at a restaruant on the beach (aptly named The Beach House). We had dinner one night at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (the best steaks anywhere) and went to the outlet shops in Ellenton (bought a new Liz C. purse, some cute bracelts, and a couple cute warm-weather bucket hats). We had a wonderful, relaxing time and no stress plane trips.

I finished the second book in the Sevenwaters trilogy (the first one was The Daughter of the Forest) named The Son of the Shadows. It, too was amazing, and I devoured it in only four days.

Lest you think I only read, I also did a bit of knitting. I finished the front of the peach Rowan 31 Evia sweater. I have about 7 sinches done on the front, so far. I brought along my socks but really did not do more than a row or two.

I would have loved to go the two LYS in Sarasota. Miguel was with me (bad for the shopping vibes, ya know). There really wasn't enough time to spend an afternoon out there (the pool was much more inviting!), and I really didn't need anymore yarn or pattern books. So, with this in mind, I didn't even mention the yarn shops. (Although, I would love to get another Rowan mag or three. Sigh.)

Today, I woke up early with Miguel because he had to go back to work today. He really wanted to call in but did not. I have the house to myself (Tiger has finally left my side and has gone to sleep on the bed) to do a little cleaning. It's supposed to rain for much of the day (yippee for the yard) so if I do any errands, I won't be gone for long.

The last few days of vacation are good. A scheduled massage tomorrow afternoon. Saturday Miguel and I have tickets for the Braves vs. Cubs game. (Look for us on TV!). And lots of relaxing in between. (Oh, I have lots of grading to do, too. Rats!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home